Tuesday 20 March 2012

Rosie Hardy Photography







Rosie Hardy’s photography has had a strong impact on me because I feel that it relates to my work, with the feeling or suffocation, restriction, change, etcetera. For example this is shown in the photograph where the woman is wrapped in cling film trying to break out and the woman behind the sheet. One’s identity is obscured, like my photographs where the women’s faces are covered up, losing their identity. I really like the photograph of the woman on strings like a puppet, being pulled around. For me I linked this to my project, in the way in which women may be altered or changed by the media, because of its representation of portraying beautiful women; leaving some women feeling the need to conform to these standards of beauty.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment