Tuesday 20 March 2012

Photographic Shoot 6



For this photographic shoot I used myself and my twin, where I placed the images on her face. The aim of the photographic shoot was to show how a woman may feel the need to conform to the media’s representation of women and the standards of beauty. “In the contemporary society, identity is strongly mediated by images provided by the mass culture, offering ideals for modelling one's personal identity” (Damean, 2006, p.89). Thefore someone may lose their identity because they may feel the need to change their appearance, which I wanted to portray in my photographs. I used myself and my sister to make it look like a mirrored image, and that the girl was putting the images on herself. The two things that would have made this photographic shoot better would have been to put my hair behind my back (so it looks like a mirror image); and for my sister to have stood up taller so we looked the same height. I will try and make sure this is achieved if I decided to use a similar image for my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment