Thursday 15 March 2012

Photographic Shoot 5

For this photographic shoot it was just an experiment to test out my idea before the real photographic shoot. Instead of the arms removing the images I am experimenting with the images appearing on the women’s face. I was not sure how it was going to look, so I just tried out my idea on the floor. For this I put all the images on the floor and then removed them one by one, taking the photograph before I removed it. I did this for every image to get the final video.


 


 

I decided that I liked the idea so I tried it out on the girls face by completing the exact same process as I did with the floor. I really like the final result because it looks as though she is being engulfed but the images of beautiful women.  Throughout my photographic shoots I also want to emphasise that I am trying to portray that these women may lose their identity because of the media’s influence on them and the pressure these women may feel; therefore feeling the need to change their appearance.  The images appearing and covering their whole face is to show the women losing their identity because of what they see and read, but at the same time not necessarily knowing that they are being influenced, for example by reading magazines. The way that the images are either controlled by the arms or just appear on their face is to represent that the women may not necessarily have a choice or opinion in the way women are perceived and represented by the medial; and that these images of ‘beautiful’ women and what beautiful women look like are forced upon them.



 

In previous photographic shoots the girls have been either sitting or standing up, but because I needed the girl to lie completely still, I laid her down on the floor and placed the camera on a tripod so that it was in the exact same position every time. Otherwise if the camera or model moved a lot it would have made the image stutter, because I had to take the image off, take the photograph and repeat this until all the images were removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment